Following the transfer of the PAR stewardship to the OPF the focus has to be to educate and engage the community with the concepts of PAR and in doing so to encourage greater community involvement. Specifically we are looking towards the community to help with:
- Product development - those with Java, REST API and JSON schema development skills would be of particular interest
- Documentation development - production of user guides and release notes
In addition we would particularly welcome contribution from:
- Trusted sources - those that are able to become an integral part of the PAR network by connecting their source registry’s
- DP system vendors - that would be interested in participating in and extending the PAR DP vendor network
How to get Involved
Product and documentation development tasks are contained in the Github repo: https://github.com/openpreserve/par.
- Sign up for Github
- Request OPF to assign you to the PAR community development team
- Review the Issues log; select Issues that have a current release milestone
- Select Issues that are labelled as ‘Community Issue’
- If there is an Issue you want to work on that does not have any associated milestone please contact OPF
- Assign yourself to the Issue!